Server is upgrade or hardware/software switch is made where platform changes (e.g. Windows --> Linux).
Next time console is used, you can connect ot the server, but the output generates errors in the Java debug window and the console itself looks like some XML code with the server's console messages inside the tags.
The issue is caused by the platform switch. The Java console evidently determines how to parse the console messages from the server based on the server platform. If adminp has not updated the platform yet, this issue occurs.
Steps to Fix:
1. Replicate admin4.nsf and names.nsf back to the administrative server for the Directory (if this is not it already).
2. Kick off adminp manually --> "tell adminp process all"
3. Check admin4.nsf and confirm the request for platform updated has been completed. (Admin Client --> Server --> Analysis --> Administrative Requests --> Pick a view)
4. Replicate names.nsf back to the original server.
5. Reboot the server & shutdown and restart the Java Console.